Aeromedical Transport and Evacuation Services
Aeromedical evacuation has come a long way from being a term that represented military transportation for the wounded soldiers. Despite the fact that the term traditionally was linked to the heroic missions performed by the military, over the years it has come to encompass critical patient transportation. Now aeromedical transport services incorporate critical care medical equipment, specialized medical staff and powerful jets which enable complete medical care of patients in-flight.
Over the last decade there has been a steady rise in the number of critically ill and injured patients, who required urgent aeromedical transport services. As more accredited companies, licensed medical personnel and highly competent flight coordinators stepped in the field, aeromedical evacuation and aeromedical transport services turned into a possibility. Today, aeromedical evacuation and aeromedical transport services have expanded the reach of critical care and other specialized patient care units beyond an individual hospital facility across the globe.
Opt for an Accredited Aeromedical Evacuation and Transport Service
Even though many companies market themselves as air ambulance service providers, they don’t necessarily offer aeromedical evacuation and transport services. These specialized services are only provided by the accredited and licensed companies like AirMed.
At AirMed, we proudly boast our complete accreditation with CAMTS (Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems), EURAMI (the European Aero-Medical Institute) and DoD (the U.S. Department of Defense). Having met the safety requirements, we adhere strictly to the safety standards set forth by these agencies, ensuring the utmost safety and care of our patients. We have also been chosen by top hospitals in the U.S. including the world-renowned Mayo Clinic as the most trusted fixed-wing air medical transport service.
What we have in common with military grade rescue operations is the experienced aeromedical team, specialized crew and medically configured rescue jets. Our aeromedical transport team consists of a certified flight crew, licensed medical specialists, 24/7 mission response center with extensively trained professionals and fully equipped medical jets which specifically operate for aeromedical evacuation missions.
Our services include:
- Domestic and international aeromedical transport service to 150+ countries around the world
- Unparalleled and comprehensive medical evacuation and medical repatriation services
- Part 135 ATP certified flight crew and extensively trained licensed medical crew consisting of critical care flight medics, physicians and nurses
- Medically configured fixed-wing aircrafts with mission essential equipment including stretcher, oxygen, monitors, ventilators, neonatal equipment and required medications
- Multiple levels of critical medical care available on every jet for long-distance aeromedical evacuation transportation
- 24/7 mission response center staffed with highly skilled professionals with access to medical specialists and consultation physicians
- Assistance with medical clearance, hospital admissions, ground transportation, commercial medical escorts and fly-to-fly status verification
- Specialized bedside to bedside services, neonatal medical transportation and certified commercial medical escorts to provide continued patient care
Aeromedical Transport Service at its very best
AirMed International offers an extensive experience in the provision of aeromedical evacuation and transport services in a range of industries across the globe. We are proud to have a flight team and fleet of aircrafts that are fully equipped 24/7/365 for handling virtually every critical case scenario. Our patients and their safety means the world to us. As the most respected aeromedical transport service we handle every single mission with the utmost care, compassion and efficiency. In our 25 years of experience in aeromedical transport service, we have completed over 30000 missions in over 170 countries around the world.
Need aeromedical evacuation or aeromedical transport service?
Request a Quote today. Call 205-443-4840
Our medical teams also hold board certifications in CFRN (Certified Flight Registered Nurse) or CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse) We are proud to have this as one of AirMed’s standards to provide the highest clinical care.